DMI Scholars is a “Public Policy 101” for young people who want to keep our country moving forward.The Drum Major Institute for Public Policy created DMI Scholars to identify progressive college activists from underrepresented communities and train them in the skills necessary to obtain and succeed in entry-level public policy positions.
Our two-week Summer Institute for DMI Scholars will be in New York City during Summer 2012. There, Scholars will learn to approach problems through a policy lens and meet people on the frontlines fighting for fair and just public policy. After our intensive summer training, we will help students throughout the year explore careers in this field through internships and follow-up trainings.
With DMI’s network and expertise, DMI Scholars will become the future Legislative Directors, Policy Analysts and Advisors who fuel the progressive movement with new ideas and effective advocacy.
We strongly encourage students of color, immigrant, members of the LGBTQ community and students from low-income and working class backgrounds to apply. All expenses are paid.
Application deadline: January 31, 2012.
- elyn-harrison reblogged this from drummajorinst
- kanya-chen reblogged this from drummajorinst
- fokakier21 reblogged this from drummajorinst
- farmakeio21 reblogged this from drummajorinst
- dirpros92 reblogged this from drummajorinst
- prosdir23 reblogged this from drummajorinst
- carlynne-sullivan reblogged this from drummajorinst
- khwahish likes this
- drummajorinst posted this